Simran Bhogal

Senior Immigration Case Worker


Place of birth: Wakefield
Job Role: Senior Immigration Case Worker
Start Date with Kalsi Solicitors: Mar 08, 2021
Office based in: Leeds
Languages spoken: English and Punjabi
Favourite sports team (if any!): Real Madrid
Favourite movie: Godfather Part 1 and 2 (but not part 3)
Best concert / live performance you have ever been to: Diljit Dosanjh and Guns and Roses
Last 3 holiday locations you have been to: Greece, Switzerland and Norway
Dream holiday location you have yet to have travelled to: Bali
A fun fact about you!: I learnt to Ski at intermediate level in less than 24 hours
What made you want to practice law: I have always had a desire to help those who are less fortunate or in vulnerable positions. As I grew older, I found that law was the most suited career to fulfil that desire.


Academic Education: Masters Degree
University for Master Degree: Leeds Beckett University
Subject/Course for Master Degree: LPC Combined with the LLM
Grade for Masters Degree: Still ongoing
University for Bachelors Degree: Leeds Metropolitan University
Subject/Course for Bachelors Degree: LLB Hons
Grade for Bachelor Degree: 2:2
Professional Qualifications:
Law Society Immigration & Asylum – Senior Caseworker Accreditation
Law Society Immigration & Asylum – Caseworker Accreditation
Law Society Immigration & Asylum – Probationary Caseworker Accreditation


Background: I have worked in Immigration and Asylum law since 2014 when I studying in my final year at university. I have worked on a vast range of matter, from Legal Aid funded Asylum and Appeal work to Point-Based system applications.
I began my journey in Immigration law with an internship and over the years I have worked to my Senior Caseworker accreditation in 2018.
Expertise: I have expert experience in Asylum matter and preparing appeals.
I have experience in various Immigration application. However the Immigration field is rich and in-depth, that everyday is an opportunity to learn something new.

  • Simran Bhogal

    Senior Immigration Case Worker


Spouse & Unmarried Partners

Under the spouse visa it allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK where they are married to a British citizen or a person with a UK settled status. Bringing your loved ones to the UK is life-changing.


Children & 7 Year Child Concession

If you are an overstayer and you have a child who has lived in the UK for a continuous seven-year period and / or is British, you may be able to apply for Leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life in the UK.


EEA Nationals

With upcoming changes and the United Kingdom leaving Europe, European citizens and their family members, who are currently living in the UK, may wish to consider obtaining confirmation of your right of residence in the UK under European law.


Long Residency

If you have completed 10 years continuous and lawful residence in the UK, you may apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) under the long residency route. Settling (known as a indefinite leave to remain) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions.


The Rest of the Team