Stephen specialises in immigration and asylum related judicial review claimant cases and is based at our Liverpool office.
Stephen works on Judicial Review cases and unlawful detention challenges. In addition, he has worked on complex applications including those relating to victims of trafficking, as well as fresh applications for asylum alongside assisting those in detention with immigration applications.
Stephen is an accredited as a Level 2 Senior Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme, meaning that he possesses the required level of competency and experience in this area of law as specified by the Law Society. It also enables him to advise and assist both privately and publicly funded clients. Having lived in and travelled within Africa, Stephen has a keen interest in the socio-economic development of the region. A majority of his time residing there was in Ghana, including working in a human rights organisation there, which had a focus on the wider West African region. As a result, Stephen has a keen interest in the political and human rights situation in West Africa, and enjoy taking cases from people originating there.
- Duncan Lewis Solicitors January 2017-present
- Broudie Jackson Canter (Liverpool)
- Admitted as a Solicitor – July 2013
- Refugee and Migrant Justice and Immigration Advisory Service – 2009
Membership & Accreditations
- Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme, Level 2 Supervisor
- Outdoor pursuits
- Being potentially the sole supporter of Tottenham Hotspur in Liverpool
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- LLB (Hons) Law – University of Leeds