You can apply for this visa if you’re either:
- The sole representative of an overseas business planning to set up either a UK branch; or
- An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.
- You must also have enough money to support yourself without public funds.
- You must meet the English language requirement.
To apply as a sole representative, you must:
- Be recruited and employed outside the UK.
- Hold a senior position within the business and have authority to make decisions on its behalf.
- Have the skills and experience to do the job.
- Intend to establish the overseas business’ commercial presence in the UK.
Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasters
As an employee of the above, you can come to the UK if you are being posted here for a lengthy assignment.
Applying from outside the UK
If you are applying from outside the UK, once you have provided your identity and provided your documents, you will usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
Applying from inside the UK
If you are applying from inside the UK, you will get a decision within 8 weeks of your application date.
If you are applying from outside the UK, this visa costs £610. If you are applying from within the UK, this visa costs £704 plus £19.20 for your biometrics.
How long you can stay.
This visa lets you stay in the UK for a period of 3 years. You can extend this visa for another 2 years. After 5 years you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK if you meet the eligibility criteria.