You may be able to apply for leave to remain in the UK based on your private and family life here in the United Kingdom.
You can submit a private life application if any of the following apply to you:
- You are applying as a partner of a British national or someone with settled status.
- You are applying as a parent of a British child or someone with settled status.
- You are applying as a child to join your parent in the UK.
- You are applying Outside of the Immigration Rules.
APPLY AS A PARTNER
In order to apply as a partner, the following must be demonstrated:
- You are both aged 18 or over.
- Your partner is a British or Irish Citizen, has settled status in the UK or is from the EU and have started living in the UK before 1st January 2021.
- You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK.
- You are in a marriage or civil partnership that is recognised in the UK.
- You will need to prove you have a good knowledge of the English language.
APPLY AS A PARENT
You can apply to live in the UK to care for your child. In order to prove that you are eligible to apply as a parent, the following needs to be proved:
- Your child must either be under 18 on the date you apply; or have been under 18 when you first were granted leave and not live an independent life now.
- Your child must be living in the UK.
- Your child must either be a British Citizen, have settled status in the UK or be from the EU and have started living in the UK before 1st January 2021.
- If you are applying from inside the UK – your child must have lived in the UK for 7 years continuously and it would not be reasonable for them to leave.
- You need to show shared or sole parental responsibility for your child.
- You must prove you have a good knowledge of English.
- You must prove you can financially accommodate yourself without recourse to public funds.