investor visa

You can apply for an Investor Visa to come to the UK if you wish to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK. You must have access to these funds.

You may be eligible for this visa if you can demonstrate:

  1. You are 18 years old or older.
  2. You have £2,000,000 to invest in the UK.
  3. The money belongs to you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner.
  4. You have opened an account at a UK regulated bank.
  5. Your funds must be held in a regulated financial institution and free to spend in the UK.


Students with financial sponsorship

If you are a student in the UK, you may be able to apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa.

You must have agreement in writing form from your financial sponsor.


How long you can stay

You will originally be granted permission to remain for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months. After a period of 2 years, you can apply to extend this visa.


The application fee is £1,623. This is the same fee if you are extending or switching visas. Under this category you will also have to pay an immigration health surcharge fee. If you wish to get a priority service decision within 5 working days, you can pay an extra £500.

This visa route does come with some limitations. You cannot work as a sportsperson or sports coach and you cannot apply for public funds. However, this route does allow settlement options. You can apply to work or study in the UK whilst on this visa route, you can apply to settle in the UK after 2 years if you invest £10 million, after 3 years if you invest £5 million and after 5 years if you invest £2 million.


  • Make sure you have the consent from your financial sponsor in writing.
  • Make sure you meet the financial requirements.
  • Make sure you take a tuberculosis test if you are required to


  • Do not underestimate the complexity of this application.
  • Do not forget to prepare the correct evidence you need.
  • Do not forget a detailed cover letter to accompany your application.

Applying for an Investor Visa is an application that needs to be carefully completed. It is very important that the right documents are attached with your application to prove that your business idea is different and innovative. If you complete this application incorrectly, it could cost you a lot of time and money. This is where our highly experienced lawyers will be able to simplify and explain difficult parts of the application and advise you on which documents to provide. At Kalsi Solicitors we have no desire to provide dishonest advice – if we do not feel your application will be successful, we will tell you and help you find another route.

How We Can Help You

Get in Touch with us Today

Tier 4 Student Visa

Applying for Tier 2 (General) from abroad

If you wish to apply for entry clearance as a Tier 2 (General) migrant, we can assist you with the process. Your application is made online and submitted to a British consulate in your country of residence. We will assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Applying for Tier 2 (General) from inside the UK

If you are already in the UK on a  permitted visa and wish to switch to the Tier 2 (general) category, or if you want to apply to extend your current Tier 2 (General) leave, we can assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Same day peo service

If you want to apply to switch, extend or settle under the Tier 2 (General) category, we can assist you in booking your same day visa application process at designated PEOs. We can assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Applying for your dependants

If you wish to apply for entry clearance or further leave for your partner and/ or children under the age of 18 as your dependants, we can assist with this application process. Leave is granted in line with your visa.

Contact us

Applying for settlement (indefinite leave to remain)

If you have been in the UK for a period of 5 years as a Tier 2 (General) migrant and you meet all other ILR requirements, we can assist you with the settlement application process.

Contact us

Challenging a decision

If your Tier 2 (General) application has been refused we can assist you with an  Administrative Review application, or alternatively challenging the refusal in the First Tier or Upper Tribunal.

Contact us

Immigration Matters. Get in Touch

Head Office

De Montfort House, 1 De Montfort Square, Leicester, LE1 7ER

Call Us

0800 368 8939