Tier 4 Student Visa

Tier 2 (General) route is for non- EEA nationals who have been offered skilled employment to work in particular roles which cannot be filled by settled workers. A skilled worker in any Tier 2 category must not displace a suitable settled worker.

At GB Immigration our expert team understand you want to start the next chapter in your life quickly and with minimal disruption and expense.

Applying for a Tier 2 (General) visa

You need to be have been provided with Certificate of Sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before being able to work in the UK as a Tier 2 General migrant. It is imperative that you comply with all requirements as stipulated in the ‘Code of Practice’ in terms of job levels and salary levels.

You must have all the following to be eligible for a Tier 2 General visa:

  • a valid certificate of sponsorship
  • be paid at appropriate salary
  • have required level of English
  • meet the maintenance requirements

You are generally required to be paid at least £30,000 per annum or ‘the appropriate rate’ as per the ‘Code of Practice’, whichever is higher.

You can apply for a visa for up to 3 months before your employment start date (this date is mentioned on your certificate of sponsorship). If your visa is successful, then you generally are given leave for up to 3 years. You can extend your visa for another 3 years; however you cannot extend your leave under this category beyond a 6-year period. 

You are generally only allowed to do the work you have been assigned to do in your certificate of sponsorship, however in certain circumstance you can do a second job if it is of the same or similar nature as your main job.

How We Can Help You

Get in Touch with us Today

Tier 4 Student Visa

Applying for Tier 2 (General) from abroad

If you wish to apply for entry clearance as a Tier 2 (General) migrant, we can assist you with the process. Your application is made online and submitted to a British consulate in your country of residence. We will assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Applying for Tier 2 (General) from inside the UK

If you are already in the UK on a  permitted visa and wish to switch to the Tier 2 (general) category, or if you want to apply to extend your current Tier 2 (General) leave, we can assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Same day peo service

If you want to apply to switch, extend or settle under the Tier 2 (General) category, we can assist you in booking your same day visa application process at designated PEOs. We can assist you with this full application process.

Contact us

Applying for your dependants

If you wish to apply for entry clearance or further leave for your partner and/ or children under the age of 18 as your dependants, we can assist with this application process. Leave is granted in line with your visa.

Contact us

Applying for settlement (indefinite leave to remain)

If you have been in the UK for a period of 5 years as a Tier 2 (General) migrant and you meet all other ILR requirements, we can assist you with the settlement application process.

Contact us

Challenging a decision

If your Tier 2 (General) application has been refused we can assist you with an  Administrative Review application, or alternatively challenging the refusal in the First Tier or Upper Tribunal.

Contact us

Immigration Matters. Get in Touch

Head Office

De Montfort House, 1 De Montfort Square, Leicester, LE1 7ER

Call Us

0800 368 8939