Indefinite Leave to Remain
Indefinite Leave to Remain also known as ILR is a form of permanent settlement in the UK.
You can get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK through various routes. Usually, it is when you are in the UK with permission as one of the following:
- A partner
- A family member
- A certain type of worker
- On continuous and long-term lawful residence
- A person with Ancestry ties.
The following requirements must be satisfied for ILR to be granted:
- Continuous residence in the UK for 5 years or more
- No criminal convictions
- A Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate
- Ability to prove a good knowledge of English (B1 Level)
- Applicant must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period.