A start-up visa is the ideal visa route for applicants who want to set up an innovative business in the UK.
In order to be eligible for this visa, the following must be demonstrated:
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must meet the English language requirement.
- You must be able to prove you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK.
- You must be endorsed by an authorised body that is either a UK higher education institution or a business organisation who has supported UK entrepreneurs.
- You must be able to show that your business idea is new, innovative and viable.
Under this visa route you can stay in the UK for a duration of 2 years if you have either come to the UK on a start up visa or if you have switched to this visa category from another visa whilst in the UK.
If you wish to stay longer in the UK, you may be able to switch to an Innovator Visa if you have set up a business whilst you were on a Start-up visa and your endorsing body has agreed to it.