This visa has replaced the Tier 2 General Work Visa.
A Skilled Worker Visa allows you to come to the UK to be employed with an approved employer.
For you to be eligible for this type of visa, you must demonstrate the following:
- You must have a ‘Certificate of Sponsorship’ from your employer which includes information about the role you have been offered to do.
- You must be employed for a job that is on the list of eligible occupations.
- You must be paid a minimum salary (this depends on the job you do)
- You must work for a UK employer that has been approved by the Home Office.
- You must have a good knowledge of the English language.
This visa can last up to 5 years before you need to extend it. When your visa is due to expire, you will need to apply to either extend it or update it if there have been any changes in your employment (such as a change in jobs or employer).
After 5 years you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK if you meet the eligibility criteria.