Under the spouse visa it allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK where they are married to a British citizen or a person with a UK settled status. Bringing your loved ones to the UK is life-changing. While the spouse visa UK application process can be complex and daunting, at GB Immigration our expert team understand you want to start the next chapter in your family life quickly and with minimal disruption and expense.
Applying for a Spouse visa
As part of your visa application you will need to demonstrate:
- Your spouse is either present and settled in the United Kingdom, or will arrive with you to be admitted for settlement. Your spouse must either be a British national or have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) also known as permanent residence.
- There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependants, and that you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependents without the support of public funds.
- Your spouse earns more than £18,600 per year or has enough savings to be able to support you without claiming UK public funds. If you have dependent children, the minimum financial requirement is higher.
- You must satisfy the English language requirements.
- If you already hold a UK fiance visa, work visa, or student visa valid for more than six months, you may be eligible to switch to a spouse visa UK.
- If you are applying for a spouse visa from outside the UK, you are eligible for an initial visa period of 27 months. If you are already in the UK on a visa, you will be given extension of stay for two years.
You must complete two years as a spouse before being eligible to apply for leave to remain as a spouse.