Spouse Visas and Unmarried Partners Visas

Under the spouse visa it allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK where they are married to a British citizen or a person with a UK settled status. Bringing your loved ones to the UK is life-changing. While the spouse visa UK application process can be complex and daunting, at GB Immigration our expert team understand you want to start the next chapter in your family life quickly and with minimal disruption and expense.

Applying for a Spouse visa

As part of your visa application you will need to demonstrate:

  • Your spouse is either present and settled in the United Kingdom, or will arrive with you to be admitted for settlement. Your spouse must either be a British national or have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) also known as permanent residence.
  • There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependants, and that you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependents without the support of public funds.
  • Your spouse earns more than £18,600 per year or has enough savings to be able to support you without claiming UK public funds. If you have dependent children, the minimum financial requirement is higher.
  • You must satisfy the English language requirements.
  • If you already hold a UK fiance visa, work visa, or student visa valid for more than six months, you may be eligible to switch to a spouse visa UK.
  • If you are applying for a spouse visa from outside the UK, you are eligible for an initial visa period of 27 months. If you are already in the UK on a visa, you will be given extension of stay for two years.

You must complete two years as a spouse before being eligible to apply for leave to remain as a spouse.

How We Can Help You

Get in Touch with us Today

Spouse and Unmarried Partners


Applying for your spouse from outside the UK

If you wish to bring your spouse or partner to the UK, we can assist you in the submission of the application of the visa. With all UK Spouse visa applications being made online, we can help UK based spouses apply for their partners from any country.

Contact us

Applying for an extension of a spouse visa from inside the UK

If your spouse or partner is already in the UK, we can assist you in applying for an extension. In certain cases we may be able to apply for you to be granted an initial spouse visa from inside the UK.

Contact us

Same day service

For those applying from within the UK, we are able to assist applicants in granting their visas on a same day at the Home Office.

Contact us

Challenging a refusal

In the event that you have applied for a spouse visa and you have received a refusal, our expert team are able to appeal the decision to the First Tier Tribunal and thereafter to the Upper Tier Tribunal if applicable

Contact us

Marriage breakdown

In the event of the marriage breaking down, it is possible in certain circumstances for our team to assist in applying for permanent residency where there has been domestic violence or a bereavement.

Contact us


Having completed the required residency criteria and completing the Life in the UK test, our expert team can assist in the application of permanent residency, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)

Contact us

Immigration Matters. Get in Touch

Head Office

De Montfort House, 1 De Montfort Square, Leicester, LE1 7ER

Call Us

0800 368 8939