If you intend to come to the UK for the purpose of getting married, you may be able to apply for a UK Fiancé(e) Visa. This application must be made from outside the UK and the visa must be granted before you travel to the UK. A Fiancé Visa is granted on the assumption that you will marry your partner within the validity period of the visa. This visa route is for those who intend to relocate to the UK to begin a new life with their UK based partner.
If you wish to travel to the UK to get married here but you do not wish to stay here or settle in the UK permanently, then a Marriage Visitor Visa is best suited to you.
To be eligible for this visa, the following must be shown:
- Your spouse is a British National or have permanent residency in the UK.
- Both parties are aged 18 or over.
- You must be planning to get married within the 6-month validity period of the Fiancé Visa.
- If you intend to live in the UK beyond the 6-month period, you must apply for a Spouse Visa.
- You need to demonstrate that you have the financial means to be able to support yourselves as a couple without recourse to UK public funds. You must show a combined financial amount of £18,600.
- You need to evidence that you have suitable accommodation to live in.
- You must satisfy the English language requirement.