fiance visa

If you intend to come to the UK for the purpose of getting married, you may be able to apply for a UK Fiancé(e) Visa. This application must be made from outside the UK and the visa must be granted before you travel to the UK. A Fiancé Visa is granted on the assumption that you will marry your partner within the validity period of the visa. This visa route is for those who intend to relocate to the UK to begin a new life with their UK based partner.

If you wish to travel to the UK to get married here but you do not wish to stay here or settle in the UK permanently, then a Marriage Visitor Visa is best suited to you.

To be eligible for this visa, the following must be shown:

  1. Your spouse is a British National or have permanent residency in the UK.
  2. Both parties are aged 18 or over.
  3. You must be planning to get married within the 6-month validity period of the Fiancé Visa.
  4. If you intend to live in the UK beyond the 6-month period, you must apply for a Spouse Visa.
  5. You need to demonstrate that you have the financial means to be able to support yourselves as a couple without recourse to UK public funds. You must show a combined financial amount of £18,600.
  6. You need to evidence that you have suitable accommodation to live in.
  7. You must satisfy the English language requirement.


  • Make sure you can satisfy the English language requirement.
  • Make sure you have evidence of your partner’s nationality or status in the UK.
  • Ensure that you can provide evidence that you intend to get married on your visit to the UK.


  • Do not underestimate the complexity of this application.
  • Do not forget to prepare the correct evidence you need.
  • Do not forget a detailed cover letter to accompany your application.
  • Do not fail to evidence the financial requirement.

An application for a fiancé visa requires careful preparation as the documentary evidence in support of your application needs to be fulfilled. All the requirements need to be satisfied and this is where our experienced team of immigration lawyers can help! Our team have expert knowledge in these applications and can guide you correctly to ensure a positive result. At Kalsi Solicitors we have no desire to provide dishonest advice – if we do not feel your application will be successful, we will tell you and help you find another route.

How We Can Help You

Get in Touch with us Today

Visit Visas


Applying for a standard visitor visa

If you wish to bring your spouse or partner to the UK, we can assist you in the submission of the application of the visa. With all UK Spouse visa applications being made online, we can help UK based spouses apply for their partners from any country.

Contact us

Applying for long-term visitor visas

If you need to visit the UK regularly and over a longer period of time, then we can assist you in applying for a long-term visitor visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can however stay for a maximum of 6-months each visit.

Contact us

Applying to visit for private medical treatment

We can also assist you in applying to visit for private medical treatment. It is imperative to show that can pay for the relevant treatment and that you will leave once the treatment is completed.

Contact us

Immigration Matters. Get in Touch

Head Office

De Montfort House, 1 De Montfort Square, Leicester, LE1 7ER

Call Us

0800 368 8939