The EEA Family Permit is now ending. Anyone that was living in the UK prior to 31st December 2020 should now take steps to apply for pre-settled or settled status before 30th June 2021 to continue living in the UK. This is known as an EU Settlement Scheme application.
You can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK if all the following apply:
- You are the eligible family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen.
- Your family relationship began by 31st December 2020.
- Your family member was living in the UK by 31st December 2020.
- Your family member is in the UK already or travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of this application.
Eligible family members for the purpose of point 1 are your spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner, your child or grandchild under the age of 21, your dependent child or grandchild of any age and your dependent parent or grandparent.
The person that you are joining must be one of the following:
- An EU, EEA or Swiss national
- A person of Northern Island
- Someone who lived in the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss national before getting British Citizenship.
- An EU, EEA or Swiss national who is exempt from immigration control.
- An EU, EEA or Swiss national who travels to work in the UK but lives outside of the UK.
- A British citizen who has dual EU, EEA or Swiss nationality and was settled in the UK before 16th July 2012.